The Initial plan was just change the Engine for a turbocharged one, and to upgrade the Brakes, but as you will see it turned out to be nearly a full re-build.
I had the car for 1-1/2 years before finally deciding to go for the conversion, Such a nice car is hard to start ripping to pieces, but in June 2010 the car was taken off the road & things got started.......
The planning had been going on since I bought the car and even in december 2009 I had decided on a rough outline spec. for the modifications.
- Alfa 147 3.2 GTA 24V engine,
- Garrett GT3582R Ball bearing turbo, ported shroud & Tial stainless steel Turbine housing 0.82AR
- Tial V44 Waste Gate
- OJZ Exhaust Manifolds & System
- Custom CP Forged Pistons (8.5:1)
- Possibly THS Conrods but probably the GTA ones
- TTV Billet Steel Flywheel
- Tilton OT II Twin Plate Ceremetalic Clutch & Hydraulic release Bearing
- Alfa 2.5 V 6 Gearbox with Stainless strengthening Plate
- Larger Allisport Radiator
- Davies Craig Water Pump & Electronic controller
- Allisport Radiator
- Emerald Management
- Air/Air Intercooler
- Siemens Deka IV 60lb injectors (640cc) – These also flow well for small quantities.
- Aeromotive low pressure fuel pump.
- Fuel Labs Prodigy High Pressure Fuel Pump & Regulator
- Billet Alloy Fuel Rail.
The Target is 500BHP, which in theory will require around 1.2-1.3 Bar Boost.
That was the basics, along with some bodywork modifications to fit the intercooler in the boot & to use the sides of the roof spoiler as air supply scoops to the Intercooler. Air exit will be through the number plate panel.etc etc etc.
Then of course there will have to be a brake upgrade to 4 pot calipers & bigger discs.